The Thermal Dispersion Mass Flowmeter, Series Scirocco 1000 measuring principle is based on the fact that states the rate of heat transfer by a flow stream is proportional to its mass flow.
A Thermal Dispersion Mass Flowmeter, consists of two Platinum RTD temperature sensors for this purpose. which is heated at a variable power to maintain the desired temperature difference between the two sensors. When the flow of air/gas starts heat is taken away from the warmer sensor. The amount of heat taken away is having a direct relation with the mass velocity of the fluid.
This eliminates the need for temperature and pressure compensation.
Thermal Dispersion Mass Flowmeter, Series Scirocco 1000 is available with insertion probe type or Complete Spool type with proper end connection.
Insertion probe can be installed directly on the pipe carrying compressed air, with the help of clamps supplied along with probe
- Direct measurement of mass flow.
- No pressure or temperature compensation required
- 20:1 turndown.
- Wireless data transfer possible. Remote readings available on wireless.
- Pulse, milliamps and RS485 output for networking
- No moving parts
- Able to measure accurately low gas flow rates or low gas velocities